Dr. Sandeep Suresh
Consultant Head & Neck Surgeon
Dr Sandeep Suresh is among the well-known head and neck surgeons in Kochi. He graduated from MOSC Medical College and completed his post-graduation in ENT from Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu.He then went onto do his Fellowship in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology at the prestigious Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum. He was involved in PG training programmes during his tenure in RCC.
He joined the Lisie family in 2019 and has played a pivotal role in screening and early detection of head & neck cancers since then. He has several ongoing research works on head and neck cancers. With training he got from one of the best cancer institutes in the country, Dr Sandeep Suresh is an expert in the surgical management of thyroid cancers, laryngeal cancers, oral cancers and salivary gland tumours. His areas of special interest include reconstructive surgeries, transnasal endoscopic resection of skullbase tumours and minimal access thyroid & parathyroid surgeries. He has over 20 publications to his name and has done several presentations at national and international conferences. He is an invited faculty at various CMEs organized in the state and was the organzing secretary of the recently concluded LCC CARE Series on Oral Cancers.
1. Suresh S, Thomas S, Janardhan D, et al. ‘Doing as little as possible and as much as necessary’ – Oncological efficacy of marginal mandibulectomy in resection of oral cavity cancers. Oral Oncology 2019; 95:91-94.
2. George, N.A., Suresh, S., Jiji, V. et al. Correlation of TIRADS and Bethesda Scoring Systems with Final Histopathology of Thyroid Nodules – An Institutional Experience. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg(2021). (Published Online)
3. Suresh, S., George, N.A., Janardhan, D. et al. Mucosal Melanomas of the Head and Neck—a Tertiary Cancer Centre Experience. Indian J Surg 2020; 82, 625–631.
4. Balagopal PG, Suresh S, Nath SR, et al. Pattern of Post-Operative Infections Among Oral Cavity Cancer Patients in a Tertiary Care Cancer Centre: A Prospective Study. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2020. (Published Online)
5. Iype, E.M., Suresh, S., Patil, S. et al. Clinicopathological Profile and Treatment Outcomes of Sinonasal Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma: A Rare Case Series. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2019;1-5.
6. Janardhan D, George NA, Suresh S, et al. Mucosal Melanomas of the Oral Cavity: A Tertiary Care Centre Experience of Surgically Treated Cases. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2020. (Published Online)
7. Iype E.M., Janardhanan D., Patil S., Suresh S., et al. Voice Rehabilitation After Laryngectomy: A Regional Cancer Centre Experience and Review of Literature. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2019; 1-6.
8. George S, Suresh S. Vascularized middle turbinate mucoperiosteal flap in skull base defects: follow-up analysis of 20 cases. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. 2017 Jan; 3(1): 71-76.
9. Janardhan D, George CK, Thomas S, Iype EM, Varghese BT, George NA, Patil S, Suresh S. Island NLF or Island FAMM Flap in Reconstruction of Oral Malignancy Defects? Indian J Surg Oncol. 2020;11(2):188- 191.
10. Suresh S, Srinidhi M, lype EM, et al. An Unusual Case of Sinonasal Adenocarcinoma Presenting with a Second Primary in the Larynx. South Asian J Cancer 2021;Jul; 9(3): 183–185.
11. Suresh, S., Anil, V.V., Jose, N. et al. A Rare Case of Extralaryngeal Schwannoma Arising from the Superior Laryngeal Nerve. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2021. (Published Online)
12. Patil, S., Janardhan, D., Suresh, S. et al. A Rare Case of Metastasis to the Mandible from the Thyroid Gland: a Case Report and Literature Review. Indian J Surg Oncol. 2019.
13. George NA, Patil S, Suresh S, et al. A Rare Malignant Neuroectodermal Tumour in the Thyroid Gland. Am J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2020; 3(3): 1090.
14. Janardhan D, Suresh S, Balagopal P G et al. Long-term hypocalcemia prediction post thyroidectomy. Thyroid Res Pract 2021; 18:14-8.
15. Janardhan D, Thomas S, Varghese BT, Suresh S, Patil S. Reconstruction plating in oncological arch mandibular resections revisited with technical modifications. International Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences Research. 2018; 2(12):19-24.
16. Janardhan D, Patil S, Thomas S, Suresh S. Nonrecurrent laryngeal nerve: A rare but predictable variation. Thyroid Res Pract. 2019; 16:39-41.
17. George S, Suresh S. Vocal cord dysfunction: Analysis of 27 cases & updated review of pathophysiology & management. International Archives of Otorhinolaryngology. 2018.
18. Rajesh Raju, G & Suresh, S. Lacrimal sac rhinosporidiosis and surgical management by transnasal endoscopic excision- A case series. The Laryngoscope. 2018.
19. Suresh S, Arumugam D, Zacharias G, et al. Prevalence and clinical profile of fungal rhinosinusitis. Allergy & Rhinology (Providence). 2016 Summer; 7(2): e115-e120.
20. Dayanand. A, Sholaiselvan. G, Zacharias. G, Palaninathan. S, Suresh. S. A rare case of Rosai–Dorfman disease of nose and paranasal sinuses. Odisha Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. 2012; 6(2): 35-37.
21. George S, Suresh S. Analytical study of vocal cord dysfunction with review of current understanding on the pathophysiology & management. Stanley Medical Journal. 2016; 3(4): 15-20.
Dr. Sandeep Suresh
Consultant Head & Neck Surgeon
Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
Mon, Wed, Fri
Search Departments / Doctors