contact@lisiehospital.org
24/7 Enquiry+91 0484 – 2402044, 2400812 – 14
24/7 Enquiry+91 0484 – 2402044, 2400812 – 14

Glimpses of Growth


  • 10-01-1956 > His Grace the Most Rev. Dr. Augustine Kandathil had a vision of doing something beautiful to wipe the tears of those who cry and alleviate the pain of those who suffer from sickness, perhaps a charitable hospital. But he passed away on January 10, 1956 without materializing his dream.
  • 08-06-1956 > Impelled by an abiding spirit of Christian charity and a keen awareness of the seriousness and urgency of health problem in the country, His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil set the Lisie Hospital on foot on June 8, 1956. Lisie Medical Institutions owe their existence to the foresight he had and the challenging initiative he took.
  • 10-01-1957 > Mar Augustine Memorial Block – Foundation stone was laid down by His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil.
  • 00-00-1959 > The systematic construction of the present premises was started in July 1956 and the main block was completed by 1959. The bed strength rose from 24 to 250. Some Luminaries of this period > At that time, the hospital had the privilege of getting the service of the following luminaries as the members of the Managing Board: Bishop Dr. Sebastian Mankuzhikary, the Auxiliary Bishop - the President, Mgr. Antony Parakal - Secretary, Dr. Joseph Kurian – Medical Superintendent, Rev. Sr. Hyacinth – Nursing Superintendent.
  • 00-00-1961 > In the year 1961, Auxiliary Nurses’ Training School was started.
  • 00-00-1961 > Weekly free clinics for Children started functioning.
  • 00-00-1961 > Weekly free clinics for Men and Women
  • 00-00-1963 > In 1963, the General Nurses’ Training School started off its service. 28-02-1965 > With the help received from Central Government and Misereor the Construction of General Nurses’ Training School got completed and was inaugurated on the 28th of February 1965 by Dr. K. N. Rao, the then Director General of Health Services, Govt. of India.
  • 15-01-1967 > The Out-Patient block, constructed in the year 1966, with the help of Zentrastalle, West Germany, was inaugurated on 15th January 1967, by Dr. Sushila Nayar, Central Health Minister.
  • 18-02-1968 > By 1968, the ever increasing number of patients flocking to the hospital necessitated the construction of another block. The work was started in September 1968 and with the partial help received from the Oriental Congregation and the amount collected locally by Hindus, Muslims and Christians of various denominations the work was completed.
  • 01-05-1969 > Archbishop Joseph Parecatil was elevated to the status of Cardinal on May 1, 1969 and the new block was named Cardinal Block to commemorate that event.
  • 15-01-1970 > Cardinal Block was blessed on January 15th 1970 by His Excellency Most Rev. Mario Brini, Secretary, Sacred Congregation for Oriental Churches, Rome, who came for the CBCI biennial meeting held at the same building, in the presence of His Eminence Valarian Cardinal Gracias and other bishops from various dioceses of India. It was inaugurated by Kerala Governor, His Excellency Sri V. Vishwanathan on 16th January 1970.
  • 00-06-1970 > In the year 1970, with a view to make available the medicines to the patients at cheaper rates, the authorities started the Lisie Hospital Pharmaceuticals. It was inaugurated by Prof. Dandiya, President, Pharmacy Council of India, and manufacturing process was inaugurated by Dr. S. B. Rao, Proprietor, Navaratna Pharmaceuticals and member of Indian Pharmacy Council.
  • 00-06-1970 > On the same day Physiotherapy Unit also started functioning.
  • 00-00-1970 > Blood Bank was set up.
  • 00-00-1970 > The hospital got its recognition from the Medical Council of India to impart internship training to the medical graduates.
  • 01-07-1971 > The children’s ward was inaugurated by the Central Health Minister Dr. D. P. Chathopadhyaya.
  • 00-00-1972 > Training of laboratory technicians got started when the Diploma in Medical Lab Course was recognized by CMAI, annually twelve technicians got trained here.
  • 30-07-1974 > Intensive Care Unit for Coronary Care was inaugurated by Sri K. Karunakaran, Home Minister, Kerala.
  • 00-03-1977 > Lisie Educatonal Institutions solved the problem of shortage of space by acquiring the plot where St. Augustine’s High School remained. With small alterations the school building was converted into an extension of the nurses’ training school and College of Pharmacy. His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil blessed the College of Pharmacy. Sri A. C. George, Union Minister inaugurated the same.
  • 12-10-1977 > Senior Housemanship program was recognized by the Indian Medical Council.
  • 00- 00-1997 > For the welfare of the patients and their bystanders a Canteen started functioning in Lisie Hospital.
  • 24-11-1977 > Lisie Chapel – Foundation stone was laid by His Excellency Most Rev. Luciano Storrero, Vatican Pronuncio, New Delhi.
  • 18-03-1978 > A new building for Lisie Hospital Pharmaceuticals –was blessed by His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil and was inaugurated by Dr. P. C. Dandiya, President, Pharmacy Council of India.
  • 02-12-1979 > Lisie Chapel was consecrated by His Eminence Joseph Cardianl Parecattil.
  • 02-01-1982 > Surgical Block – Foundation stone was blessed by His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil and laid by Smt. Indira Gandhi, Honorable Prime Minister of India.
  • 03-07-1985 > His Eminence Antony Cardial Padiyara, the new Archbishop of Ernakulam, takes over as the Patron of Lisie Medical Institutions. 00-00-1986 > Whole Body CT Scan & Research Centre was inaugurated by Sri Giani Zail Singh, Hon’ble President of India.
  • 20-02-1987 > demise of His Eminence Joseph Cardinal Parecattil.
  • 16-05-1990 > The hospital was registered as a Charitable Trust (Reg. No. 327/IV/90/EKM – Lisie Medical Instituions).
  • 21-12-1990 > Lisie Charity Fund was inaugurated by the Cardinal.
  • 03-10-1991 > Blessing of the new Canteen by His Eminence Cardinal Antony Padiyara.
  • 28-04-1992 > First operation in the new block was done by Dr. Vinoo Jacob.
  • 00-00-1992 > Basic Nursing School (3 year course) was started.
  • 29-10-1992 > The new Surgical Complex was inaugurated by His Excellency Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, Hon’ble President of India.
  • 01-01-1993 > Blessing of the new Theatre for Gynecology Department.
  • 07-11-1993 > Blessing of the new IP Pharmacy.
  • 03-01-1994 > Hospital holiday schedule was approved by the Asst. Labour Office.
  • 31-01-1994 > Msgr. Antony Parackal was relieved of his duty as the Director of Lisie Hospital (1956 to 31.01.1994)
  • 01-02-1994 > Fr. Jose Pallippadan assumed office of the Director.
  • 19-09-1994 > Dialysis Unit was started.
  • 28-10-1994 > Farewell to Very Rev. Msgr. Paul Vattoly, Chaplain.
  • 07-12-1994 > MRI Centre was blessed by His Eminence Cardinal Padiyara & His Excellency Jacob Manathodath. Talk on MRI with demonstration by Dr. Moorthy.
  • 01-06-1995 > Inauguration of MG University Regional Study Centre at Lisie Hospital with BSc Nursing & BSc MLT Courses.
  • 06-02-1997 > Very Rev. Msgr. Paul Vattoly , former chaplain passed away.
  • 20-02-1998 > Rev. Fr. Joseph Pallipadan was transferred and Rev. Fr. Mathew Muttamthotty took charge as the new Director.
  • 17-02-1998 > Rev. Fr. Thomas Chakiath was elevated as Auxiliary Bishop of Ernakulam.
  • 08-06-1998 > Blessing of the Central Store.
  • 24-05-1999 > First Kidney Transplantation was done in Lisie Hospital.
  • 19-07-1999 > New Email ID was established (prolh@yahoo.com)
  • 23-03-2000 > Demise of Cardinal Mar Antony Padiyara.
  • 13-04-2001 > Founder Director Msgr Antony Parackal passed away.
  • 26-05-2002 > Blessing of the new LISIE HEART INSTITUTE by Cardial Varkey Vithayathil.
  • 23-07-2006 > Inauguration of Residential Blocks building.
  • 09-01-2009 > Farewell to Rev. Fr. Jacob Ernatt.
  • 28-03-2009 > Dr Joseph Kurian, Medical Superintendent retired after 46 years of his service in Lisie hospital.
  • 08-06-2009 > Foundation stone for the new Hospital Block was laid.
  • 26-02-2010 > Transfer of Rev. Fr. Mathew Muttamthotty to Vijo Bhavan.Fr. Paul Moonjely was appointed as the new Director.
  • 25-01-2011 > Dr Jose Chacko Periyapuram, Chief & HOD, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Lisie was awarded “PADMASREE”.
  • 01-04-2011 > Demise of His Eminence Cardinal Varkey Vithayathil.
  • 26-05-2011 > Mar George Alechery was elevated as the Major Archbishop of Syro-Malabar Church.
  • 13-06-2011 > Punching System was started in Lisie.
  • 15-10-2011 > Dr Babu Francis MD was appointed as the Medical Superintendent of the hospital.
  • 12-03-2012 > Blessing of the newly constructed Adoration Chapel.
  • 26-05-2012 > Rev. Fr. Paul Moonjely was transferred. Rev. Fr. Thomas Vaikathuparambil was appointed as the new Director of Lisie.
  • 13-04-2013 > Inauguration of the new building (Mar Augustine Block) by Shri A. K. Antony, Minister of Defence, Govt. of India.
  • 11-05-2013 > Blessing of Foundation stone for new building of College of Nursing and Lisie College of Pharmacy at Vennala.
  • 30-05-2013 > School of Nursing is shifted to the newly renovated block that was used for MRI.
  • 21-06-2013 > Demise of Rev. Fr Jacob Aernatt.
  • 10-05-2013 > First Heart Transplantation was done in Lisie hospital.
  • 02-02-2014 > Administrative Block was shifted to the New Block. (St. Augustine’s Block).
  • 15-03-2014 > NABH Inspection took place for National Accreditation.
  • 03-04-2014 > GM Mr Aprem resigned after his 3 years service.
  • 31-05-2014 > Dr Margret Joseph, HOD Pediatrics resigned after her 37 years service.
  • 28-08-2014 > Oncology and Geriatric Gynecology departments were inaugurated by Shri K. Babu, Excise Minsister of Kerala. KCBC Health Commission Chairman Bishop Mar Jacob Manathodath presided over the function.
  • 01-09-2014 > Mr Mathew joined as Deputy General Manager.
  • 15-09-2014 > Dr. P. S. Sreedharan and Dr. Yamini Krishnan joined the medical Oncology Section and Dr Rosakutty Mathew and Dr Saramma Eswa joined the department of Geriatric Gynecology.
  • 11-10-2014 > Rev. Fathers and Rev. Sisters made an air picnic to Bangalore.
  • 07,08,09-11-2014 > INSIGHT 2014, a live-in session of Orientation for Rev. Sisters took place at NIVEDIDA.
  • 24-12-2014 > Lisie Employees Union Strike took place in front of Hospital gate.
  • 25-12-2014 > Employees Union march to Cardinal House.
  • 20-02-2015 > Lisie Institute of Radiology Research and Imaging Sciences was blessed by Mar George Cardinal Alancherry, inaugurated by Shri Hibi Eden MLA. District Collector Shri M. G. Rajamanickam expressed felicitation during the occasion.
  • 08-03-2015 > Inauguration and blessing of the renovated Dialysis Centre named Msgr. Antony Parackal Memorial Dialysis Centre by Bishop Mar Sebastian Adayanthrath