Dr. George PauloseMD(General Medicine-Christian Medical College Ludhiana) FRCP(Glasgow), PG Certification in Diabetology(Johns Hopkins USA) Certification in Diabetology - Royal College of Physicians, UK
Dr. George Paulose
HOD- Senior Consultant
Dr. George Paulose is one of the senior most Physicians working in Kochi city having started his career in 1984. He did his undergraduate (MBBS) and post graduate(MD) in Internal Medicine from the prestigious Christian Medical College,Ludhiana,Punjab, India. He has also been honored by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Scotland with their Fellowship – FRCP. In addition he has specialized post graduate certification in Diabetology from Johns Hopkins Medical school, USA and Royal College of Physicians, UK. In a career spanning more than three decades including twenty years overseas as teaching Faculty of Qaboos University at Royal Hospital,Muscat Oman,Senior Consultant and Head of Medicine and Diabetology at leading tertiary care hospitals in Chennai he has published pioneer studies in Neurology, Diabetology and Infectious diseases in many national and international journals attended and chaired in many national and international conferences,took part as principal investigator in multiple phase II and III drug trials,mentored as teacher guide and principal thesis supervisor for Medical Board (Oman) and DNBE (India) trainees and is an examiner and regional appraiser for DNBE (India) in Kochi region.He holds the PG teacher status for DNBE (General Medicine) at Lisie Hospital. In 2011 he pioneered the Diabetology department in Lisie Hospital with daily out patients work and focused in-patient Insulin management of post surgical and Intensive care patients,Diabetes Neurovascular laboratory and Podiatry services. He currently remains the Head of Department of Diabetology at our hospital.
Time: Daily 10.00 am -2.00 pm, 4.00 pm - 6.00 pm
- University Merit Scholarship for Pre-Degree Examination – Kerala University, 1974 – 1975.
- University Merit Scholarship for First MBBS Examination – Panjab University, 1976 – 1978.
- Dr. S. Franken Prize for standing second in Ophthalmology - Final MBBS Exam, held at the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India, 1979 – 1980.
- Senior Consultant and Head - Dept. of Internal Medicine and Diabetology, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai,India. And Global Hospitals and Health City, Chennai, India.
- Consultant Physician, at Little Flower Hospital Angamally. And MOSC Hospital Kolencherry
- Specialist Physician at Royal Hospital, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman
Articles & Research
- 1. Drug Trials: Worked as Principal On-site Investigator
- TORRENT study 2017 Protocol no. CT/P015/CMR/16/03_01.(site approval)-Lisie hospital Kochi
- Protocol BCC22140:“Cardiovascular outcomes study to evaluate the potential of aleglitazar to reduce cardiovascular risk in patients with a recent acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event and type 2 diabetes mellitus(T2D)”
- Phase III trial involving 2000 patients’ worldwide)Global hospital Chennai
- Cardiovascular outcomes study to evaluate the potential of aleglitazar to reduce cardiovascular risk in patients with a recent acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D) ? Phase III trial of 6000 patients across countries with type 2 Diabetes -Global hospital Chennai
- Effects of Taspoglutide on cardiovascular outcomes in subjects with inadequately controlled diabetes mellitus and established cardiovascular disease ? Phase III trial involving 2000 patients’ worldwide --Global hospital Chennai
- Rifamycin vs. Ciproflxacin in acute infectious diarrhea in travelers, Phase III trial involving 776 patients worldwide - -Global hospital Chennai
- ROSUVOSTATIN IN DIABETIC DYSLIPEDEMIA – November 2012 –Lisie hospital Kochi
- Important sudy:2014 Impact of Hypertension on Protenuria, MORE study (Measurement of ASCVD Risk parameters in Indian patients Eligible for Statin Treatment – August 2014 Eligible for Statin Treatment –August 2014 LIPIMAP- 2015 May Lipids and Risk markers in Indian population(LIPIMAP) - Retrospective population based data study
- “rTPA in acute ischemic stroke”- Recombitant Tissue Plasminogen Activator (Atepelase) Study of NIHH Status,CT Brain Findings, Response and status at discharge; involved with the Omani colleagues in organizing a stroke awareness campaign through distribution of leaflets and television interviews on stroke prevention and reperfusion.
- “GUESS study” - Clopidogrel First stroke registry among Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC0 countries – recruitment of 1500 cases of Acute ischemic stroke spread among six countries.
- A Thesis - submitted to the Panjab University, Sept 1984. A Clinical Evaluation of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma stage III and IV on the Cyclophosphamide, Vincristine and Prednisone regimen
- 2. First stroke study in Oman, 1999 - “Profile of Stroke in Oman – Hospital based study of one hundred patients” – Completed study, paper presented at the 2nd AGCC Neurology Conference held in Muscat on Nov 8, 2001 - An analysis of acute stroke patients in Muscat ,Sultanate of Oman was undertaken to assess the time to hospitalization, CT brain stroke subtypes, risk factors, length of hospital stay and its relation to neurological disability at discharge.
- 3. First epilepsy study in Oman, 1994 - “Epilepsy in Oman - A hospital based two year survey in an adult epilepsy clinic” – Oman Medical Journal Vol. II, No.1, August, 1994 10-13.
- 4. First report of Multiple Sclerosis from Oman, 1997 -
- Review Articles
- 1. “Stroke: An approach to management” – Oman Medical Journal Vol.13,No.2,November 1996,53 – 55
- 2. “Myasthenia Gravis: An Approach to Management” - Oman Medical Journal. Vol.14, No.2, Nov 1997, 24 -28
- 3. “Beta interferons in Multiple Sclerosis – Oman Medical Journal., Vol17 (2), Nov 2000,36 – 42
- 4. Case Report - “Shell fish Neurological Poisoning – case report”- Internet Journal of Neurology, ISSN: 1531-295X, Vol. 7, No.1, Aug 2007.
- Platform presentations in Diabetology
- Management of Diabetes,Oman 1989
- Insulin Injections,Chennai 2007
- Community Diabetology,Chennai 2008
- Obesity and Life style disorders, Chennai 2009
- Vitamin D and Diabetes,Chennai 2010
- Sulfonylureas – end of the road, Kerala 2011
- Basal Insulins in Type 2 Diabetes, Kerala 2011
- Alpha Glucosidase Inhibitors – Kochi 2013 -14
- Premixed Insulin Analogs Kochi 2014
- National Diabetes Education Programme Lectures
- CME regular attendance in ADA EASD IDF ECCMID and RSSDI
- Registered as Teacher (recognized by the Indian Medical Council) in Panjab University in the subject of General Medicine from July, 1982 to December, 1985, involved in teaching of Undergraduate and Post-graduate students.
- Registrar from 1st July 1982 to to 4th February 1985
- Lecturer from 4th February 1985 to December 31,1985.
- Headingthe Diabetology department and a medical unit in a teaching hospital recognized for Diplomate of National Board of India and by the Royal College of Surgeons, U.K., involved in teaching of Post-graduate students in Medicine for Diplomate of National Board in Internal Medicine from April 1988 to December 1989.
- Resident In-service training of Post-graduate students, recognized by the Royal College of Physicians, U.K & Ireland for training, part I and II examinations from September 1991.at Royal Hospital,Muscat
- Clinical Lecturer in General Medicine and Neurology for MD undergraduate programme of Sultan Qaboos University,Muscat from January 1996 to December 2006.
- Certificate in Health Professions Education – GCC Medical faculties Dean’s committee –Sultan Qaboos University,Muscat 14 –16 October 2003.
- Heading the Diabetology department in a teaching hospital recognized for Diplomate of National Board of India involved in teaching of Post-graduate students in General Medicine for Diplomate of National Board from from January 2011.
- Regional independent appraiser for Diplomate of National Board of India.