Dr. George PauloseMD(General Medicine-Christian Medical College Ludhiana) FRCP(Glasgow), PG Certification in Diabetology(Johns Hopkins USA) Certification in Diabetology - Royal College of Physicians, UK
Dr. George Paulose
HOD- Senior Consultant
Dr. George Paulose is one of the senior most Physicians working in Kochi city having started his career in 1984. He did his undergraduate (MBBS) and post graduate(MD) in Internal Medicine from the prestigious Christian Medical College,Ludhiana,Punjab, India. He has also been honored by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, Scotland with their Fellowship – FRCP. In addition he has specialized post graduate certification in Diabetology from Johns Hopkins Medical school, USA and Royal College of Physicians, UK. In a career spanning more than three decades including twenty years overseas as teaching Faculty of Qaboos University at Royal Hospital,Muscat Oman,Senior Consultant and Head of Medicine and Diabetology at leading tertiary care hospitals in Chennai he has published pioneer studies in Neurology, Diabetology and Infectious diseases in many national and international journals attended and chaired in many national and international conferences,took part as principal investigator in multiple phase II and III drug trials,mentored as teacher guide and principal thesis supervisor for Medical Board (Oman) and DNBE (India) trainees and is an examiner and regional appraiser for DNBE (India) in Kochi region.He holds the PG teacher status for DNBE (General Medicine) at Lisie Hospital. In 2011 he pioneered the Diabetology department in Lisie Hospital with daily out patients work and focused in-patient Insulin management of post surgical and Intensive care patients,Diabetes Neurovascular laboratory and Podiatry services. He currently remains the Head of Department of Diabetology at our hospital.
Time: Daily 10.00 am -2.00 pm, 4.00 pm - 6.00 pm
- University Merit Scholarship for Pre-Degree Examination – Kerala University, 1974 – 1975.
- University Merit Scholarship for First MBBS Examination – Panjab University, 1976 – 1978.
- Dr. S. Franken Prize for standing second in Ophthalmology - Final MBBS Exam, held at the Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, India, 1979 – 1980.
- Senior Consultant and Head - Dept. of Internal Medicine and Diabetology, MIOT Hospitals, Chennai,India. And Global Hospitals and Health City, Chennai, India.
- Consultant Physician, at Little Flower Hospital Angamally. And MOSC Hospital Kolencherry
- Specialist Physician at Royal Hospital, Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman
Articles & Research
- Pioneer studies in Epilepsy,Stroke,Diabetes in Sultanate of Oman
- Principal investigator in multiple Phase III drug trials
- Publications in Indexed International journals
- Regular attendance as faculty(Speaker/Chair?delegae in national and international conferences in Neurology/Internal Medicine/Diabetes
- Post graduate teaching experience for MBBS?MD students in Panjab University,MD(Oman students in Sultan Qaboos University,Muscat and DNBE trainees(India) since 1982.
- Thesis supervisor and mentor for PG students in Medicine since 1990.