Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Overview & Features
The Department prides itself on the high quality patient care in areas of antenatal care ,PostNatal welfare, Infertility, Oncology, Uro-gynaecology. It strives to incorporate excellent clinical services with a dedicated academic curriculum and advancing research activities.
Our practice offers patient-centred gynaecologic care for a culturally and socio-economically diverse population –WE provide general gynaecology services including routine examinations,cervical cancer screening, consultations for benign gynaecological conditions and procedural interventions, including PAP smear,colposcopy,hysteroscopy,hysterectomies-Abdominal,Vaginal,laproscopic;staging surgeries for malignant gynaecological conditions.
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach while dealing with high risk pregnancies. Our team works closely with paediatric specialists to plan the care of babies who are premature, sick or who have birth defects.
We have a comprehensive post-graduate training programme, designed to offer a broad exposure to all aspects of health care of women. The goal is to support and guide the residents in acquiring the knowledge and clinical acumen required to provide outstanding care in gynaecological and obstetrical practice in a collegial environment.
The Department’s vision is to establish a centre of excellence catering to the reproductive health needs of women and train the next generation to carry out the same.
- Risk Pregnancies-Diabetes complicating pregnancy, Hypertensive disorders complicating pregnancy-Pre-Eclampsia,Chronic hypertension,Liver disease complicating pregnancy-HELLP Syndrome, Acute fatty liver of pregnancy, Preterm labour, Fetal Congenital anomaly, Heart disease complicating pregnancy, Chronic kidney disease complicating pregnancy
- Obstetrical Emergencies-Antepartum Haemorrhage, Post Partum haemorrhage, Ectopic Pregnancies-Ruptured, Unruptured, including cervical pregnancies,Eclamsia
- Benign conditions like fibroid uterus, ovarian cysts with or without torsion, Endometriosis, Abnormal uterine bleeding, Polycystic Ovarian syndrome.
- Malignant conditions like ovarian malignancies, Uterine malignancies
Treatments of all morbidities related to pregnancy eg- hypertension, Gestational diabetes mellitus, Hypothyroidism etc is done with the goal of having a successful pregnancy outcome. Follow up and correction of the above mentioned morbidities is done in the post-natal period.
We work as a team, along with physicians, Cardiologists, Anaesthetics, Nephrologists, Urologists, Surgeons, Paediatricians, to offer optimum care to our patients.
Treatment of gynanecological conditions like abnormal uterine bleeding, White discharge PV, Post Memopausal bleeding PV, Cervical cancer screening is routinely done.
We have expert OncoMedicine and OncoSurgery department for treatment of all gynaecological malignancies
- A Labour room well equipped with facilities for difficult labour management-vaccum & forceps, CTG machine for vigilant intrapartum fetal monitoring.
- An OT complex in vicinity of the labour room for immediate intervention during emergencies
- Gynaec emergency services to attend to all kinds of obstetric and gynaecologic emergencies -24x7 Hrs!
- We offer rooms with all essential facilities at a reasonable price, deluxe suite rooms available at request –AC/Non AC. general ward beds are available for the financially underpriviledged.
- The hospital is well equipped with intensive care units and a gynaec recovery room for monitoring of immediate post-operative patients
- A Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) with state –of-the-art equipments with ventilators for support the sick newborn
Inpatient Rounds Policy
1. Daily morning rounds are taken by all consultants and junior doctors.
2. Post Operative and high risk patients rounds are taken in the afternoon and late evening/night as well