Overview & Features
Dental department is known to deliver high quality dental treatments. We are able to maintain a running out patient department and inpatient facilities, since its establishment. The dental outpatient department consists of different departments headed by respective specialists providing primary to tertiary dental care.
Dental cares and its conservative and endodontic management
Gum diseases and its conservative and periodontic surgery
Skeletal and dental discrepancies
Missing teeth and its prosthodontic management
Orthodontic and dentofacial corrections
Maxillofacial cysts, tumours and cancers
Minor oral surgery
Maxillofacial reconstructive surgery
Management of acute and chrome space infections
In oral and maxillofacial surgery department, simple and complicated oral surgical procedures including extractions, impactions, alveoloplasty and biopsies are being performed under local anaesthesia.
We have an operation theatre along with the other medical and surgical specialities for major and complicated oral - maxillofacial surgical procedures under general Anaesthesia where osteotomy, cyst enucleation, fracture reductions etc are done on a regular basis.
In periodontology department scaling, polishing curettage and root planning are carried out successfully.
In department of operative dentistry caters to patients requiring cosmetic, restorative, preventive, endodontic and paedodontic treatments.
In prosthodontic department, missing teeth are replaced with removable as well as fixed prosthesis encompassing dentures, over dentures, errors and variety of bridges.
Skeletal and dental discrepancies are corrected by functional/fixed/Removable appliances by undertaking advanced materials and techniques in yet another field of dentistry, Orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics
Facilities Available:(Rooms, Technology, ICUs)
- In additions to expert and learned professional team our department is equipped with advanced instruments and gadgets
- We are equipped with four dental units
- Latest technology like Laser unit, cautery machine, x-smart endomotor, bleaching unit are also available
- A In house dental lab facility is available. Digital X-Ray and OPG is available in the dental radiology section
- In patient care is available in both rooms and wards here managed by qualified nursing personals in Head Neck, ENT and Maxillofacial section with around 20 rooms x 20 ward beds
Started in the year-
Maxillofacial unit -1972
Prosthodontic and endodontic unit-
Orthodontic and dento facial unit
- One of the oldest dental departments in Kochi
- Ist maxillofacial unit in a private hospital in kerala
- Ist department to perform Maxillofacial ostrotomies in kerala and in a private hospital in the state
- One among the Ist departments to perform Implant dentistry in the country and first in the state to do the same
Inpatient Rounds Policy
Ward rounds play a crucial part in reviewing and planning a patient’s care
Daily ward rounds are taken by senior and junior consultants
Round the clock on call doctors for emergency dental and maxillofacial casualty cases.