Overview & Features
Department of Psychiatry of Lisie Hospital was started in 1987. Deals with diagnosis, treatment and recovery of mental illness.
Psychiatric disorders are common. Various studies show that 20% to 30% of patients attending a general hospital require Psychiatric help. The basis of many body symptoms could be due to continuous stress. Psychiatric care is helpful for live donors and recipients of organ transplant. Some patients with physical disorders have coexisting Psychiatric disorders like anxiety and depression. It is essential to detect and treat if adequately to improve the outcome of the treatment of physical disorders and prevention of mental illness.
Facilities Avaialble: (Rooms, Technology, ICUs)
- Outpatient clinic 6 days in week
- Consultation – Lieison service to other department
- Management of Anxiety, Depression,Adjustment disorders and other major Psychiatric disorders.
- Mangement of childhood disorders like developmental disorders and behaviour problems.
- Detoxification of edoliets and maintenance of obstrention through medical and Psychological help
- Behaviour modification therapy
- Relaxation training